1. Download SaferWatch from the Apple or Android app store. When SaferWatch is downloaded on your phone, tap the icon to open the app.
2. Tap the “Sign Up” button.
4. There are three ways to sign up for SaferWatch:
a. Use the fields to enter your first and last name, email address, and a password. (Password must at least seven characters)
b. Tap the Sign Up button at the bottom of the screen.
a. Tap the “Sign Up with Facebook” button.
b. SaferWatch will ask you to allow Facebook to share your information with us. Tap “Continue.”
c. SaferWatch will open Facebook on your phone. From there, confirm that you want to continue. You will then be redirected back to SaferWatch
a. Tap the “Sign Up with Google” button.
b. SaferWatch will ask you to allow Google to share your information with us. Tap “Continue.”
c. SaferWatch will open a web browser and take you to your Google account. Choose the account you want to register with. You will then be redirected back to SaferWatch.
5. Select the country you reside in and tap “Next.”
6. Enter your phone number. (Make sure this is the number for the phone you are currently using.)
7. SaferWatch will text you a 6-digit confirmation code. Enter it on the next screen.
8. Choose a 4-digit PIN that you will use in the future to verify your identity. Enter and reenter it in the provided fields. Tap “Next.”
CONGRATULATIONS! You are now registered with SaferWatch. The app will now guide you through a few more steps to help you configure its settings, but you may exit the app at any time.
1. SaferWatch will ask your permission to access your location. Tap “Continue to Allow.” (Make sure location services are turned on for SaferWatch in your phone’s settings.)
2. SaferWatch will ask your permission to send notifications. Tap “Continue to Allow Notifications.” (Make sure notifications are turned on for SaferWatch in your phone’s settings.)
3. SaferWatch will show a list of the locations closest to you. Tap on the locations you want to subscribe to. You can also type the names of locations into the search field at the top. When you’ve selected your desired locations, tap “Join Selected Public Location(s).”
4. SaferWatch will ask you to add your Frequent Destinations. Tap the “Add Home” button.
Tap the address field at the top and enter your address. Use the slider at the bottom to set the distance from your home that you would like to receive alerts about. (You can choose a radius of up to 2 miles.) Tap “Save.”
SaferWatch will ask if you want to add more frequent locations. If yes, tap “Add Now” and repeat Step 14. If no, tap “Add Later.”
5. SaferWatch will ask you to add emergency contacts. Tap “Add Contacts.”
Choose someone from the list of your contacts that SaferWatch generates. (Make sure you’ve already given SaferWatch permission to access your contacts. You can change access permissions in your phone’s settings.) Then, choose a relationship description from the list provided.
If you do not want to specify your relationship, you can simply choose “Emergency” or “Other.”